VDI Solution Architect
Job Description: As a Solutions Architect within the solutions team, you will be responsible for the definition, development, rollout, and enablement of desktops virtualization solutions and services powered by VMware. You will work closely with various business units, engineering, marketing, professional services (PSO), sales, alliances, and partner engineering organizations in designing, validating, and building sales, technical, and service delivery collaterals.
As the hands-on technical subject matter expert, the Technical Solutions Architect will be responsible for:
- solutions and services engineering activities like proof-of concepts, pilots, use case development, and solution validation.
- developing and releasing sales, technical, and service delivery collaterals including deployment guides, best practices, sizing whitepapers and solution reference architectures.
- collaborating with business units, engineering, marketing, professional services, sales, alliances, and partner engineering organizations to design, validate, and build collateral.
- maintaining deep technical and business knowledge of VMware solution areas and develop new technology integrations and solution capabilities.
- providing expert technical architectural support and guidance for solution opportunities that involve desktop virtualization and cloud infrastructure.
- working collaboratively with VMware product and engineering organizations during the development, launch and continuing refinement of VMware products and solutions.
- maintaining technical credibility within the cloud industry and the field through demonstration of thought leadership. This includes participating in delivering technical enablement web conferences and training sessions at VMware and other industry conferences and events.
- VMware Certified Professional with 2+ years of consulting delivery experience with VMware solutions.
- At least 4 years experience in professional services/alliances/solution engineering/consulting/technical sales with expertise in architecting and deploying management and desktop virtualization solutions, and rolling out new technology and solution initiatives.
- At least 4 years of infrastructure architecture experience with significant depth around designing, implementing, and managing critical cross-functional integration projects in enterprise datacenters.
- Strong architecture, design and implementation experience with Enterprise Systems Management and IT Service Management domain solutions, products, and industry trends.
- Strong architecture, design and implementation experience with security solutions, products, and industry trends.
- Deep skills in VMware virtualization, cloud, and management products and solutions (vSphere, vCenter, vCloud, vShield etc.) strongly desired.
- The individual should have extensive architectural skills dealing with infrastructure solutions such as systems management and security. Expert level knowledge of x86 operating systems, advanced networking, storage architectures and programming experience is desirable
- Good understanding of service providers is desirable.
- Prior experience in developing collateral for solutions or services.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Self starter, detail oriented with good organizational skills.